Saturday, August 2, 2014

Keep your fingers crossed for me today


It's moving day for us, and I'm not looking forward to it at all.  We're spreading our move out over a few weeks, due to various factors, but today's the day we move the kitchen stuff - including a big fridge - and our bedroom to the new place, so we can sleep there from tonight onward.  Doing that with a fused spine and a nerve-damaged leg is not, repeat, NOT fun, and I'm kinda dreading the prospect.  (So is the cat, who's already well aware that Something. Is. Going. On. and has decided that She. Does. Not. Approve.)  Still, it has to be done, so I may as well get on with it.

I'll post something tonight, if only to say "Ouch!!!".  Meanwhile, y'all have fun.

Peter

13 comments:

Carteach said...

Thoughts are with you, my friend.

Anonymous said...

watch that back....

Old NFO said...

Be careful Peter... We're not 21 anymore!

Rev. Paul said...

An appliance dolly with tie-down strap is your friend. Be careful, my friend.

Grog said...

Rev Paul, I think Peter needs 3 or 4 appliance jeremys instead of an appliance dolly. ;)

Have a safe day, Peter, don't work too hard.

JaneofVirginia said...

Please be careful, and call some friends. Best wishes,

Anonymous said...

Remember, move the appliances, then hand out the beer. Sequencing is everything.

LittleRed1

TGreen said...

Peter,

Friends --even bought friends--
rather than an appliance dolly.

Be a friend to that back of yours.

PLEASE 8o

Rich S. said...

Best wishes!

Will said...

I would suggest visiting the local Labor Mart, usually located around the parking lot of the closest Home Despot. Don't forget to throw in lunch for the hired crew.

Cedar said...

Take care, and I hope by now it's all over and you are none the worse for wear.

Home on the Range said...

Be safe. We'll see you in October!

Comrade Misfit said...

Moving is about the least fun thing I've done. And being officially old, I feel your pain...