Monday, August 4, 2014

Mad dogs and Englishmen, 2014 edition


I have to admit, I did a double-take when I read this report in the Telegraph.

A man has completed his challenge to push a Brussels sprout up Snowdon [the highest mountain in Wales] using his nose.

Stuart Kettell, from the West Midlands, took four days to reach the 3,560ft (1,085m) summit.

. . .

The 49-year-old trained for his charity mission by pushing a sprout around his garden with his nose. Mr Kettell said he selected a large sprout so it would not fall down a crevice in the rock.

. . .

''People definitely think I'm mad, and I'm beginning to think it myself,'' he said.

There's more at the link, including a photograph of the intrepid 'pusher' at work.

I've got nothing against Brussels sprouts:  I eat a lot of them.  I've got nothing against zany stunts to raise money for charity, either . . . but to take four days to push a Brussels sprout up a mountain with one's nose???

Verily, the mind doth boggle . . .








Peter

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Urm... Different, to put it mildly... At least it was for charity! ;-0

Anonymous said...

When I first saw the headline to this story, I thought it was going to be a really disgusting sort of Wikileeks update.

:P

--Wes S.