Thursday, August 21, 2014

More from the USS Carl Vinson


A couple of days ago I put up a video showing flight operations aboard the USS Carl Vinson.  Here's another video clip from the same source, concentrating on the ship rather than its aircraft.  It's worth watching in full-screen mode.





Impressive stuff.  I haven't had the privilege of being aboard an aircraft carrier during flight operations (only during port visits), but I imagine it's as specialized (and sometimes as dangerous) as military service gets, in its own way.

Peter

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Working the flight deck IS the most dangerous job in the military...

Stu Garfath said...

I disagree with OldNfo.
Working as a police officer in Ferguson is the most dangerous job in the military....oops, sorry, they were CIVILLIAN police officers, really?, ya could have fooled me on that one....

Glenn Mark Cassel said...

Time on three decks, Independence, Ranger and Kitty Hawk. I do have a few old scars...........