Friday, October 31, 2014

Doofus Of The Day #798


Today's award goes to the inventor of a dubious typeface.

Peeing in public: Many have witnessed it, many more have done the dirty deed. And now there's a bold design tribute to the dishonorable act—a drippy font modeled after urine stains on a wall.

"The Art of Peeing" was created by 23-year-old Aravindan Thirunavukarasu using photos of real micturition dribbles. "Those pictures on my website are real pictures which I took after I peed on the wall," emails the New Yorker. "My source of the pee was to drink a lot of gallons of water and I was on a liquid diet for the whole project. I got dehydrated after the project, though. I cleaned up after."
(Art of Peeing)

. . .

The typography is available for free (much like pee) and comes in True Type and Open Type formats. It should make a nice present to those who wish to send repellent correspondence to nemeses.

There's more at the link, including illustrations of the letters urinated onto walls and links to the fonts (although why anyone would want them is beyond me).  I'm not going to embed any of that stuff here.  The font creator has made a video about it, but I was put off by its seemingly disjointed storyline and a casual f-bomb early in proceedings (I stopped watching it at that point).

I think this is yet another illustration of how modern youngsters may be tech-savvy, but many of them have never learned manners and have no class or standards at all.  Frankly, if I'd tried to do this as a young man, my Dad would have thrashed me soundly (regardless of my age, size or anything else).  If I'd had a son who'd done this, I'd have been sorely tempted to ignore modern political correctness and do likewise . . .

Ewwww!

Peter

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Zero couth and tact... sigh