Saturday, June 3, 2017

Say WHAT???


I couldn't believe my eyes when I first read this report.  I thought it was some sort of belated April Fool joke - but no, it's apparently real.

Women are being warned against trying a bizarre new trend that suggests using ground-up wasp nests to tighten and rejuvenate their vaginas.

Some online retailers have been selling oak galls, which are nests that house wasp eggs before they hatch, and touting them as a natural way of cleaning female genitals.

The product reportedly is crushed into a paste and applied topically, with one listing on Etsy, which has now been removed, claiming it can improve a woman’s sex life.

They are also being advertised as helping to “heal episiotomy cuts, rejuvenate the uterine wall and clean out the vagina” after childbirth, though there are warnings that it can “burn” when applied.

Now, gynecologist Jen Gunter is warning women not to get sucked in by the new trend after branding it “dangerous”.

There's more at the link.

All I can say is, guys, if your partner starts using this stuff, I suggest you take up voluntary celibacy forthwith.  It'll be safer.  Much safer.

Also, how the heck do you clean up after using this stuff?  With Raid, perhaps?

Verily, the mind doth boggle . . .




Peter

7 comments:

Vicki said...

P. T. Barnum was right. 'There's a sucker born every minute.' Common sense is now on life support.

Suz said...

Wow! Some folks just have waaay too much money burning a hole in their pockets.

Anonymous said...

Forgive my imagination, if it is out of place.

I had only half heard this item while commuting, and so did not have all the details of empty, dried, powdered; talking about the hive here. So when I heard a radio voice describing a famous woman touting the benefit of beehive insertion, my distracted mind thought of an occupied, intact portion of hive. You know, the way they buzz and I imagine vibrate from the movement of the bees living inside. I could not believe such stupidity existed. Glad to learn how wrong I was. But still… Wow.

Have a great weekend,
Paul

Bibliotheca Servare said...

Apologies if it's too crude, but..

This brings a whole new meaning to the expression "Bee-stung lips"!

...couldn't help myself.

Anonymous said...

I'm boggled, all right. Boggled that anyone with an IQ above 70 would believe this stuff, let alone spend money on it.

Joseph

Anonymous said...

I noticed the large number of oak galls while riding through the timber on my place this spring before the leaves came out. Looks like I'm sitting on a fortune in oak galls.
Etsy here I come!

DaddyBear said...

Celibacy, my eye. Pack your stuff, move to another state, change your name, and get plastic surgery, because crazy like that is going to try to hunt you down so she can try out her new hoochie.