Sunday, August 16, 2026

Sunday morning music

 

I'd never heard of Greg Kihn until last week Zendo Deb, who blogs at 357 Magnum, embedded a video of one of his songs.  I liked it, and did a bit more research and listening.  I figured many of my readers would be more familiar with his music than I was, so here are a few of the songs I found, in roughly chronological order of release.

Let's start with Zendo Deb's choice of "Remember", released in 1978.




From 1981, here's "Womankind".




In 1982 he released "Higher and Higher".




I think "The Breakup Song" was released in 1983.  This video features a slideshow of members of the Greg Kihn Band.



And finally, from 1986, here's the title track from his LP "Love and Rock and Roll".  Guitarist Joe Satriani joined his band for one year, and can be heard on this track.




Greg Kihn died at the age of 75, two years ago.  RIP.

Peter


No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL COMMENTS ARE MODERATED. THEY WILL APPEAR AFTER OWNER APPROVAL, WHICH MAY BE DELAYED.