Monday, January 11, 2016

So far, so good


Miss D. and I made it to Forrest City, Arkansas, this evening.  At Phlegmmy's recommendation, we followed US 82 across the top of Texas, joining I-30 shortly before the Arkansas border, instead of driving back via Oklahoma and I-40 as we've done before.  The scenery was certainly more interesting, but there were many points going through towns where we had to slow down.  I'm not sure whether we'll come back that way.  We'll see how a heavily-loaded truck behaves.

My dreaded lurgy has behaved itself so far today.  I didn't have any solid food except some crackers, which probably helped:  but after more than 48 hours without being able to keep down solid food, I was getting seriously hungry, to the point of being light-headed.  We went to a local Chinese diner this evening.  I'll see whether my tum can hold down supper . . .

Tomorrow morning it's hi-ho for Nashville.  Thanks to everyone who kept us in their thoughts and prayers.  Please don't stop!

Peter

5 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Here's hoping for an uneventful travel day. Partner in Grime is on the road, Chinese is sounding pretty good for bachelor dinner tomorrow.

Rev. Paul said...

What Brigid said, and prayers for journey's mercy sent heavenwards on your behalf. Be well, sir, and safe.

The Raving Prophet said...

You've been sick like that and broke the fast with Chinese?

You are a braver man than I. I usually go for something ridiculously stable, like Cheerios.

John Cunningham said...

Rice and egg drop soup good for shaky stomachs.

Gail said...

You're in my state tonight. Enjoy. We are in north central.

Safe trip!

Hope you keep your dinner down and improve soon.