If you enjoy good food and drink, and like to try something new every so often, the BBC's Travel section has a regular column on Food and Hospitality. Some of their topics are fascinating. Recent entries include:
- New Orleans' secret hangover cure
- Vada Pav: The 'Indian burger' Macdonald's can't master
- The world's ultimate milkshake?
- The truth behind New Orleans' nebulous sandwich
- The Indian dish you can’t find in India (I've eaten this many times back in South Africa, and I love it!)
- Georgia's addictive cousin to pizza?
- India's biryani wars
- The truth about the US' most iconic food
There are many more at the link. Be warned: you can spend hours reading about interesting foods and how to prepare them. It's a time-sink . . . but a delicious one!