Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Lofoten Islands as you've never seen them before


Russian filmmaker Igor Byrko has released a captivating very-wide-angle video of Norway's Lofoten Islands.  He used a drone to carry a camera, providing new angles and perspectives on the stunning scenery of the islands.  The footage was captured in January, which accounts for the snow and ice.  I recommend watching in full-screen mode for best results.




There's more information at the video's Vimeo page, including a Google Maps link to show you the places where the movie was shot.  Looks like a beautiful part of the world . . . I'd love to visit there sometime.

Peter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a great video. Thank you for linking to it. I'm sick of looking at summer in south Texas, wish I could be in the video for at least the length of the movie, lol.

Rev. Paul said...

That's gorgeous. Reminds me a lot of the Aleutians, too.