Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Another man who should buy a lottery ticket


Last night I posted photographs of a thoroughly trashed Volkswagen Golf that rammed a tree in Germany.  Amazingly, the driver walked away with only minor injuries.

Tonight we see another man who's very fortunate to be both alive and uninjured.  During filming of a stunt in Alaska, he had the narrowest of narrow escapes.

Pro skiing veteran, Ian McIntosh, narrowly escapes with his life after what TGR Co Founder, Todd Jones, says "was the most terrifying crash I've ever seen." While filming for Paradise Waits up in the Neacola range of AK, Mac dropped into a line he thought he had studied thoroughly enough, only to fall into an unseen five foot deep trench on one of his first turns.

"From there, my slough took over and their was no way to stop, I pulled my airbag to help prevent against any possible trauma injuries as I tumbled to the bottom," he said. While attempting to regain his footing, Mac lost a ski and cartwheeled over 1,600 feet in under a minute.

Here's how it went.  Watch in full-screen mode for the best results.





Definitely lottery ticket material, I'd say!

Peter

4 comments:

drjim said...

OUCH!

Anonymous said...

I was waiting for the avalanche to finish him off.

Gerry

Old NFO said...

Dang... He's LUCKY is right!!!

Mike said...

I think I'd switch to stamp collecting for a hobby.