Saturday, November 28, 2015

Concealed carry in Haiti . . .


. . . but not of a gun.  I received this picture from an e-mail correspondent last night.  I don't know its origin, but it shows all too clearly how even a very large weapon can be concealed if someone's determined to do so.




A few days ago I pointed out that even large, long-barreled revolvers can be concealed if you put your mind to it.  I reckon that machete's bigger (or, at least, longer) than almost any revolver, yet he was carrying it beneath a T-shirt.  Makes you think, doesn't it?

(I hope he isn't the sarcastic type.  It would be too easy to make cutting remarks - literally!)

Peter

6 comments:

richard mcenroe said...

Actually, he was concealing TWO WEAPONS. Look under the raised left arm.

SiGraybeard said...


I don't think he's sitting down any time soon. I prefer for my EDC to let me act like everyone else.

Tal Hartsfeld said...

I would never "carry/conceal" a machete. Instant castration. Or at least tear all the tendons and muscles in your thighs.

Anonymous said...

He's a sous-chef at an upscale restaurant in Port-au-Prince and that's his potato peeler. The two uniformed thugs are keeping him from earning a living, more evidence of the spillover effect from U.S. police brutality.

HeroHog said...

Judging from the look on his face, the penalty for CC without a permit might just be said castration!

Eagle said...

The cop on the right--am I seeing correctly that he has his RIFLE holstered like a pistol? I've never seen that before.