Thursday, November 26, 2015

There's so much for which to be thankful


Despite terrorism, economic instability, worries over the US political situation and many more negatives, there's a great deal for which I'm thankful.

I'm thankful to God, who works in mysterious ways and whom I don't pretend to understand, but whose will I try to do, no matter how imperfectly.  For his mercy, I'm truly grateful.

I'm thankful for my wife, who brightens my life in ways I'd never have believed possible until I met her.

I'm thankful for our new home-to-be in Texas.  It looks like all the paperwork is progressing satisfactorily, despite hiccups here and there, and we're already starting to pack (and shed excess belongings) in preparation for the move.

I'm thankful for our friends (our 'tribe', as Matt G. put it so well after Blogorado).  They complement, strengthen and reinforce us, and I hope we do the same for them.  It's hard to have to face today's world alone.  Thankfully, we don't have to.

I'm thankful to you, dear readers, for your support not only of this blog, but of my books as well.  You've made it possible for me to earn a living once more, after being told by a neurosurgeon a decade ago that thanks to my semi-disabling injury, I'd never be able to work normally again and would have to exist passively on a disability income.  It's great to have proved the doctor mistaken!

I'm sure you have your own lists of things for which you're thankful.  Today's the time to celebrate them all.







Peter

10 comments:

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Peter;

You are Spot on...We have a lot to be thankful for, I found myself being overwhelmed by all the crap going on in the world and I had to remind myself that Family and friends are most important.

Gorges Smythe said...

Amen. Have a happy Thanksgiving, Peter.

Jim said...

And I have much to be thankful for as well. Best wishes to you and yours.

Old NFO said...

That it is! Happy Thanksgiving to y'all!

DaddyBear said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Peter and D! I'm thankful that I can count you guys as bright spots in my life

Sanford Begley said...

Happy Thanksgiving from Cedar and I. And the best part of this holiday is being reminded that, no matter the insanity going on in the world, we have each other, friends, family, fellow tribesmen.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

LBJ said...

You are indeed blessed Peter, and the day you married Partner and I, my blessings as well, were more than I ever expected. Thanks for the many years of friendship.

Aaron said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Murphy's Law said...

Happy Thanksgiving to the both of you.