Friday, August 28, 2026

Brilliant!

 

Following the news that Tennessee plans to rename Nashville International Airport after Dolly Parton, this appeared.  Click the image to be taken to a larger version on X.com.



I can't think of a more perfect tribute.  Dolly herself, known for her robust (you should pardon the expression) sense of humor, would be laughing her head off at that one!



Peter


5 comments:

Dan said...

Satire is always based in reality.

Rick T said...

San Onofre Nuclear Power Station is on the California coast just south of Dana Point, all the local sailors referred to the twin containment buildings as the Dolly Partons.

Anonymous said...

funny I remember her saying that she had a great ass too, but people never talk about it.

Bobo the Hobo said...

There is a bridge just outside Mobile, Alabama on I-65 locals call the Dolly Parton.

tsquared said...

I saw yesterday that Dolly download streams held 4 of the top 5 positions for this month. It is now the top 6 positions with two more days to go.