Friday, September 4, 2015

"How to clear a bush breakfast in 60 seconds"


That's the title of this picture, sent to me by my sister in South Africa.  (Click the image for a larger view.)




The scenario is one with which tourists at higher-end safari lodges and game reserves will be familiar.  They go out on a morning game-watching tour, then are met by lodge staff who cook breakfast over fires at a convenient spot so they can eat al fresco (or, in this case, al bushveldt).  However, when elephants arrive to investigate the smells, all bets are off!  The picture was probably taken from aboard one of the safari vehicles, to which everyone would have hastily retreated when the pachyderms made their appearance.  The animals don't appear particularly angry or worried . . . but that doesn't mean they'll stay that way.  Elephants are given a wide, wide latitude of discretion.

(How do I know this, you ask?  Trust me.  I know this!)

Peter

5 comments:

zdogk9 said...

They are bigger than moose, hella lot smarter,and I gather about as predictable. I'm outa there.

Old NFO said...

Sooo... How do they like their eggs??? Over easy, or scrambled?

Rev. Paul said...

That would get my attention post-haste.

Phssthpok said...

King bull on the right: He's got his eye on you.
Queen Mama in the middle with ears flared and flanked by two calves?

Don't
F**k
With
Her.....

Rey B said...

Elephants like incoming artillery have the right of way.