Thursday, October 10, 2024

Er... oops?

 

Found on X:


My poor husband. I have to share what happened to him yesterday.

So we lost a chicken to a predator during the day over the weekend, we guessed it was a raccoon and we put out a trap. 

Yesterday we caught a young raccoon in the trap. We debated what to do with it, we decided to just let it go a few miles away instead of killing it. 

The thing was VICIOUS. So he took some bear spray with him in the car just in case he would need it when he let the raccoon go. 

As he was driving to the release point, he heard a noise. He looked in his rear view mirror and the raccoon popped up his head right next to his from behind the drivers seat. The racoon had escaped the trap and was running loose frenetically around the car!

So he sprays the raccoon *in a closed car* with the bear spray while driving.🤣😂 The thing ran across the dashboard, over seats, over my husband - going nuts running all around the car (MY car), my husband keeps spraying it and managed to open the windows.  

By this time he'd slowed down the car to a crawl. My husband couldn’t see or breathe because of the bear spray, the raccoon jumped out the window, my husband pulls over to the side of the road, gets out of the car, gasping for breath.  

I can only imagine what drivers behind him were thinking seeing the erratic driving and then watching a raccoon jump out the window!😂

After about a minute catching his breath by the side of the road, he has searing pain in both legs. He looks down, his legs are covered in fire ants. He’d been standing on an ant hill.😂🤣 

Anyhow, I have pepper spray all over my car now. EVERYWHERE. It smells like musky wild animal and pepper.


There's a photograph of the interior of the car at the link.

I suspect the next raccoon they trap is going to be speedily and efficiently euthanized.  Anyone suggesting it be put in the car and taken to a release point is probably going to be bear-sprayed until they scream for mercy!



Peter


1 comment:

Texas Dan said...

I always relocate the raccoons I trap - to trash panda heaven.