Sunday, February 6, 2022

Sunday morning music

 

As Monty Python used to announce, "And now for something completely different!"

Justin Johnson is a country/blues/rockabilly guitarist based in Nashville, Tennessee.  His signature claim to fame is that he makes guitars out of anything and everything imaginable, but it doesn't stop there - he plays them really, really well, and has a group of friends who help him do just that.  You can read more about him in this article.

I'm going to let his music - and his eclectic guitars - do the talking.  Here, in no particular order, are half a dozen of his pieces.














You'll find more of his music on his YouTube channel and at his store, and you can learn more about his guitars at his Web page.

Peter


3 comments:

ChrisJ said...

He IS incredibly talented. His rendition of “Gimme Back My Bullets” on a 3-string made from an ammo can is one of my favorites.

Ben Yalow said...

And seeing him use a whisky glass as a slide reminds me that Duane Allman used Coricidin bottles (he soaked off the labels) as his slide.

bart simpsonson said...

I discovered Justin Johnson over a year ago on youtube. Extremely talented, a virtuoso in my view. His greatest weakness is vocals, of which I have heard none. If he cannot, or does not want to sing, get someone who does to accompany. Maybe he is a session player, I do not know. I recommend checking out Kenny Vaughan as well.