Courtesy of an e-mail from an anonymous reader, I came across a Web site offering a fun perspective on the allegedly-impending 2012 apocalypse. They offer - of all things - an End Times Gift Basket!
It contains all sorts of useful goodies, including (but not limited to):
- A bottle of Jack Daniel's sour mash Tennessee whisky;
- A 'fine cigar';
- A Mayan Long Count Calendar (reportedly suitable for framing);
- Gourmet snacks (presumably to make the end times taste better).
It also contains a so-called Survival Manual, including such helpful chapters as:
- How to Say "We're Screwed" in 10 Tongues
- Breathing After the Yellowstone Super Volcano Erupts
- Preparing Roadkill
- Nuclear Blast Photo-Op
All in all (apart from repentance, prayer and fasting) I can't think of a better way to face the apocalypse - well fed, agreeably drunk, and possessing all sorts of new-found insights about how to make my imminent demise more enjoyable!