Friday, July 10, 2015

A pleasant run to Lexington


Miss D. and I have arrived safely in Lexington, KY, and checked into a hotel for the night.  We seriously considered staying at home for the night, leaving at about 6 a.m. to make the run to Lexington, but in the end decided it would be better to spend the night here so as to be well-rested before her flight.  I'm very glad we did, because construction and multiple accidents slowed us down on I-65, turning the normally three-hour run into a five-hour trip.  If we'd waited, we might have arrived late at the airport - and given the cost of a (prepaid) flight in these warbirds, we'd hate to miss our reservation!

My back won't let me sleep for more than a few hours at a time, as always, so I'm going to spend the small hours of the morning writing more of the next book in the Maxwell Saga.  Look for it next month, God willing.  I'll put up a post for later in the morning, and we'll be back home in time for the regular evening posts on Friday.  I'll be able to describe Miss D.'s face after her flight in the Mustang.  I'm expecting to be blinded by the gleam of teeth from ear to ear!

Peter

3 comments:

XS3mdrvr said...

:) :) :) ( One for thee, one for she, and one for me.)

Unknown said...

Have you tried sleeping setting in a chair to let your back feel better

Rev. Paul said...

If she's not grinning ear-to-ear after a Mustang flight, there's something wrong. :)