Thursday, July 16, 2015

To all my readers - a bleg for reviews, please


My latest novel, 'Forge A New Blade', has been out for almost two months, but there have been relatively few reviews posted by readers.  (By this point in its sales cycle my previous novel, 'Stand Against The Storm', had accumulated almost 100 reviews).




I know it's the time of year for the infamous 'summer slowdown', when sales sag and readers have outdoor activities and relaxation on their minds;  but I still need reviews, because many marketing outlets don't accept books for promotions unless they have a certain number of reviews overall, or a given percentage of five-star reviews, or some other criteria.  In turn, not being able to access those marketing outlets means I can't promote the book (and/or subsequent books) as I'd like to.  Remember, I'm an independent author-publisher.  I have no-one to promote my books except Miss D. and myself - and you, my readers, of course, who are kind enough to tell your friends and acquaintances about them.  I need access to those marketing tools.

I'll be very grateful if those of you who've read 'Forge A New Blade', but haven't yet left a review, will please do so.  It'll be a big help to me.  I'll ask the same when Volume 5 of the Maxwell Saga comes out, hopefully late next month.  I'm having a lot of fun writing it - almost as much fun as I hope you'll have reading it.

Thanks!

Peter

EDITED TO ADD:  I'm not asking only for 5-star reviews, of course.  You should rate the book according to your evaluation of it.  If you hated it, by all means give it 1 or 2 stars (although I hope not many of you disliked it that much!).  An honest review is far more important than a high rating.

Thanks again.

7 comments:

Ryan said...

Gift me a copy and I will read it then do a review. I will post that review on my blog and amazon.

Steffen said...

After spending a good chunk of time reading your blog recently, and also having purchased (and read) four of your books, that seems like a reasonable request.

My problem is that I rarely write reviews. I read them all the time, and value their inclusion wherever I can find them... So, fine. I'll get to work on that.

Jon said...

Just re-posted the review I did on my blog after reading it. Hope that helps.

Steffen said...

Completed my review. It's under "Laredo Strikes Back..."

My thanks to you, sir.

Anonymous said...

I purchased it a while ago, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Will review when I get a chance to read it.

Cedar said...

I'll check and make sure I cross-posted my review from my blog. I do usually, but June was a bit chaotic!

BornLib said...

Just started "Take the Star Road" last night. I'm going to work my way through the whole Maxwell Saga, reviewing on Amazon as I go, before I start on The Laredo War books. So I won't be getting to Forge A New Blade for a while.