Friday, December 11, 2015

Okay, there goes the diet . . .


How could they do this to me?

Love chocolate but always longed for it to be sold in a form reminiscent of Kraft Singles? Wish granted.

The Japanese candy company Bourbon is now selling individual slices of chocolate wrapped in film.


Each pack contains five 2-millimeter (0.08-inch) thick slices that are described as “full-bodied deep, melting in the mouth” on Bourbon’s website. According to the Japanese news focused website Rocket News, which first broke the story, the chocolate used is a brand called Nama, which is described as “a rich, creamy confectionary that’s not as sweet as fudge, but more intense in flavor than ordinary milk chocolate.” It's basically made by mixing milk chocolate with cream and letting it solidify.

There's more at the link.

It's like crack for chocolate-lovers!  How about a Nutella and Bourbon sandwich, washed down with a chocolate shake?




Peter

5 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

The good news is, it doesn't appeal to me at all - so I'm safe. The bad news is, it's because I'm allergic to cocoa. (Insert sad face here)

trailbee said...

This is to die for. There is a Japanese grocery store on Pacific in Stockton, Sakuras, and I'm going to check there the next time I'm in town. Thanks!

Grog said...

A Japanese candy company named Bourbon? that's amusing, leads me to wonder if the company has a distribution outlet store in Paris. ;)

Roy said...

I think I would prefer a Nutella and chocolate sandwich, washed down with Bourbon.

Toastrider said...

Japan: It's flippin' weird.