It comes down to a few simple points, which I’ve explained several times over, but will repeat here.
- The Western elitist banksters have maintained utter control of their respective financial currencies; this debt-slavery system is the basis of their power. It has been, for all intents and purposes, their private playground. This power has been used to buy anyone they want, in government, the military, the media, anyone they want.
- The Western banking system is based on debt issuance. It is dying rapidly. The entire fiat-money system, a Ponzi scheme of epic proportions, is now so heavily overloaded with bad debt that it is collapsing under its own weight. Countries who don’t use that funny-money as their sovereign currency but have been forced to utilize dollars/euros/yen for international trade, are busily switching to alternative currencies from countries that produce something besides fiat money. In other words, the demand for the Western currencies is rapidly declining.
- The much-touted “Great Reset” is a plan to depopulate the world (1st and 2nd world through vaccinations, the 3rd through starvation), and reset the financial system back to zero, so that everyone begins in the new system with zero debt… and zero property or possessions. The “Great Reset” will usher in the new trackable and controllable fiat-money currency, where they decide what and when you can buy approved products. And if you speak out against whatever bullshit the bankster-owned government is selling (which will be tallied via a Chinese-style social credit system) your money could be reduced, confiscated or flagged for your arrest the next time you go shopping with their new digital currency. You’ll toe their line, or you’ll starve.
- The “Great Reset,” where everyone will adopt this bitter pill of slavery, will only be accepted if people are desperate for government intervention due to starvation, lack of energy (heat for your home, gas for your car) or disease. And it will only be accepted if there’s no alternative currency which people can utilize to maintain some level of purchasing power without “Big Brother” watching over your shoulder, and deciding what you can- or cannot- purchase. The Russian ruble is exactly such an alternative.
- The BRICS countries- Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa- have resisted globalist efforts to become part of the Western banking system, and are now challenging that system, with currencies backed by commodities instead of the worthless promise of more fiat money. Thus, the represent a viable alternative to the “Great Reset” agenda, one which dooms the efforts to re-start the fiat money system from zero- with the same elitist banksters at the helm.
- The BRICS countries therefore represent an escape from the fiat-money system, and therefore are mortal enemies of the banksters, which have built their empire over the past 208 years. They must therefore be destroyed by the West, using whatever means necessary, at whatever cost is required in lives (but who cares about us debt-slaves, anyway?).
- The BRICS countries- most openly represented by Russia at this point in time- are not about to join the system, and now realize that it is- literally- a fight to the death for them, as well.
- Therefore, neither side will back down, the escalation will continue, up to and including nuclear weapons.
I posted these conclusions at the beginning of April, 2022, and they stand on their own, today.
Eric goes on to note, concerning the Ukraine war:
[Putin is] gearing up for NATO and the USA. And, given his early mobilization, their war-economy footing already, and rigid discipline with which they’ve fought to this point, there is no other logical conclusion. In contrast, the American military is fat, woke, undertrained, and running out of ammo. And we haven’t even started WW3, yet.
So much for Putin being “desperate.”
There's more at the link.
I don't know enough about what's going on behind the scenes to offer an opinion. I only note that there are as many pro-Russian commentators as anti-Russian out there, and none of them really know what's going on either. They're analyzing the situation through their own sets of filters, their own preconceived ideas, and coming up with what they believe are plausible perspectives. I don't pretend to have a plausible perspective, because so much about the Ukraine war is hidden behind ulterior motives, massive corruption in both Ukraine and Russia as well as most of the First World nations supporting either side, and the malign influence of globalist partisans who want to use the Ukraine war as a lever to accomplish their overarching objectives. It's a toxic stew of motivations, means and ends out there, and - as usual - the people suffering for it all are mostly innocent civilians and citizens, in the war zone and also across Western Europe. The rest of the world will join them in that as the current famine and energy crises take hold more firmly and shake the foundations of modern geopolitics.
There's a very real danger that NATO could be drawn into the conflict with Russia (some would say that's already happened). The consequences for Europe could be devastating - and I'm not talking about nuclear war, just the economic and sociopolitical fallout of such an event. It could spread worldwide.
Michael Yon thinks that's the plan. He calls it "global sabotage - we are witnessing Gigacide".
When waging methodical, professional sabotage campaigns, professionals will use something like a CARVER matrix to identify and prioritize targets. This was something Green Berets learned and trained on. You always have limited resources and so prioritizing bang for buck is essential.
. . .
A global CARVER is unfolding on energy and food supplies. We are witnessing Gigacide ... On a global CARVER matrix, all energy flows into Europe are ripe and most are easily harvested. Refineries everywhere are ripe and are being hit all over. Something is happening. Possibly the most massive coincidence ever, or applying Occam’s Razor the world is being de-industrialized. Global Sabotage.
Suez and Panama Canals are high value targets. Massive bang for buck.
Again, more at the link.
As individuals and small groups, we can't affect events on so large a scale. All we can do is prepare ourselves, our families, our loved ones and our friends to face whatever's coming as best we can. It's surprising how often that's helped people live through world-shaking events, and come out on the other side. (My parents were living examples to me of that, living through the Great Depression of the 1930's as children and young adults, then being pitchforked into World War II from 1939-1945. Through hard work and sheer guts, they made it through all that. We'd do well to remember our own ancestors who were caught up in that mess, and learn the lessons they imparted to their descendants.)
Go read Capitalist Eric's article. It's food for thought.