Friday, February 8, 2008

Doofus Of The Day #8


Here's a hint.

When you want to get a tattoo . . .

In a foreign language . . .

It's very helpful to have someone double-check the translation of your proposed tattoo BEFORE you have it inked!

Ms. Joanne Raine wanted her boyfriend's nickname "Roo" tattooed on her stomach in Chinese characters. Unfortunately, she failed to observe the simple precaution outlined above . . . and subsequently discovered that the letters so lovingly (and painfully) inscribed on her bod actually meant "Supermarket".

To add insult to injury, she's since split up with her boyfriend. Her comment? "I'm just going to have to keep it (the tattoo) as I can't afford to get another one done."

(For those interested, there's a video clip at the BBC report linked above. Look in the right-hand column of the news report for the link.)

I suppose this is where I should needle Ms. Raine with a pointed remark, but I'll refrain . . . :-)

Peter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose "supermarket" is better than "buffet" or "fast food."

Anonymous said...

at least it didn't say "wholesale only"

Anonymous said...

I've heard a bunch of tattoo stories like that... the girl who got her favorite local band's name inked on the week before they split up... a bunch of stuff like that. My opinion... don't bother getting a tattoo because anything you get now will be out of style within six months.