Monday, December 31, 2012

Out with the old, in with the new (year) . . .


2012's been a pretty lousy year in many ways, hasn't it?  I suspect most of us are pretty glad to see it receding into the history books.

I'm frankly amazed that the world's largest economies escaped implosion, largely through 'kicking the can down the road' by massive printing of fiat money by central banks and extending debt repayment terms in one way or another.  In the USA, both major political parties are, as far as I'm concerned, guilty of massive fraud against and theft from the American public.  Karl Denninger agrees.  I won't say any more about that, because I've said it often enough over the past year.

I'm also astonished that we've managed to avoid a major war.  In December last year I issued a 'war warning', predicting that unrest and turmoil in several regions of the world was likely to lead to a shooting war during the year ahead.  I'm very pleased to have been proved wrong in the larger sense, although limited hostilities have, indeed, broken out in several of the places I mentioned.  Some of them were indistinguishable from a full-scale war (e.g. Gaza and Syria), but they weren't officially declared wars, so I guess my prediction wasn't entirely correct.  Nevertheless, the tensions I identified a year ago remain in existence, and in some cases have intensified.  I therefore consider my 'war warning' to be as valid for 2013 as it was for 2012.  We'll see . . .

2013 looks dismal as far as the government of this country is concerned.  We're about to go over the so-called 'fiscal cliff', largely because our politicians in Washington don't give a damn about the citizens of this country who'll be disadvantaged by it.  They care only for their party political machinations.  The Left wants to see the Cloward-Piven strategy (already well under way) implemented even further;  the Right wants to frustrate the Left and regain power, no matter what it takes;  and both sides are ignoring what voters want and pandering to those who fund them, pressure groups, and the like.  It's a sickening display, and those who voted to perpetuate this stench in the nostrils of integrity deserve all they're going to get out from it.

I don't know what 2013 holds for us.  I don't expect there to be much (if any) good news.  However, I promise that no matter what, I'll call it as I see it, and try to be honest in my interpretation of what's going on.  I know this has alienated some readers over the past couple of years, who've felt that I'm too negative about certain issues.  To them I can only say, let's see who's right when the dust settles.

To all my readers;  I wish you the happiest possible 2013, with God's blessings in abundance and the love of family and friends.  May the events of the year, whatever they may be, not deprive you of those good things.

Peter

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year

Don said...

I'm not aware of any country that has been in a "declared war" for at least 50 years. In the case of the U.S., it's been almost 67 years (1946).

I don't think any country does that anymore. They manufacture some excuse, short of a recognized declaration, to impose their will on another.

MSgt B said...

Happy New Year, Peter.

bruce said...

Peter, I stand in awe of your experiences and wish you all the best, I wonder if the cliff isn't our only hope as a country though. The modest cuts in spending are only a step in the right direction. Avoiding the cliff is just more of the same insane spending. The fix is nothing more than a cruel joke.

Rev. Paul said...

Happy New Year to you & your charming wife. May God bless and keep you.

trailbee said...

Happy New Year to you and your wife.