Monday, May 6, 2024

Memes that made me laugh 208

 

Gathered from around the Internet over the past week.  Click any image for a larger view.














Veterans will understand this next one.








And finally, not funny, but very true.  It's worth reminding people about this.



More next week.

I have to add that finding genuinely funny memes that don't get personal in their attacks on others, or just plain rude, is getting more difficult - at least in my experience.  It seems too many people would rather slap down others rather than laugh at (and with) them.  That's not what I look for in an entertaining meme, so I don't post them here.  It means that sometimes my weekly collection is rather sparse, like this one, but I feel happier doing it that way.

Peter


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon!

Steve Sky said...

I'll note that is what has happened to entertainment from when I was a kid, to a teen, to an adult. We went from sharing a laugh (Warner Bros Saturday morning cartoons), to laughing at someone or some group, and simply naming the target is 'funny'. The scene that slapped my face in it was when I was a teen watching a "comedy" and the actress said, "I wonder what is on TV? All that's wrong with men, All the things men do wrong, ..., nothing but reruns." and then the laugh track played. I found it offensive and stopped watching that show. Since then, I've stopped watching TV all together and it's been a couple of decades+ since I've watched a network TV show. The MSM conglomerate has nothing to offer me, and individual created clips in subjects I'm interested in on YouTube are far more interesting.

BillB said...

I hate to point this out, but that next to last meme could get you a few years in prison even though you didn't create it. Someone who did a similar thing in 2020 is laguishing in prison.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good job, Thanks

Russtovich said...

The link below posts a few times a week. Mostly political but you might a few that work for ya.

https://patrickdotnet.substack.com/

Cheers

Anonymous said...

It’s not just you. I read several other meme sites, even ones with a liberal outlook, and while I would save several a day during the pandemic years, I now rarely find any worth saving. Folks across the country have lost their sense of humor, or the funny meme creators have all quit.

Anonymous said...

What do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros?
Elephino...
You don't have to post this. It is just one of my favorite silly jokes and I hope you get a grin from it.
Jean