Monday, January 26, 2009

A tasty record


I wish I'd been in Mexico City last weekend. A team of chefs and assistants managed to set a new world record for the biggest cheesecake ever made.

Chef Miguel Angel Quezada says 55 cooks spent 60 hours making the world's biggest cheesecake -- a 2-ton calorie bomb topped with strawberries.

The monster cake used nearly a ton of cream cheese, the same amount of yogurt, 772 pounds of pastry, 551 pounds of sugar and 331 pounds of butter.


More details at the link. There's already a video report on YouTube. Looks delicious!




Congratulations to all involved.

Peter

2 comments:

Crucis said...

My Son-in-law, when he married my Daughter, worked for a caterer. Instead of the more traditional wedding cake, he "baked" their wedding cake himself---a three layered cheesecake. Each layer was frozen. He had to make some minor repairs when, just before the reception, the bottom layer thawed causing the upper layers to tilt. The repair lasted long enough for it to be sliced and passed along to the gathered guests.

Anonymous said...

Dang it! I'm working 175 km east of there right now. We could have gone! But, I admit, when it comes to cheesecake, I need a 12 step program!