For the past two or three weeks I've been tackling a long overdue project: sorting out the remaining boxes and packages that have filled the garage since we moved here, early last year. We brought everything essential into the house, of course, but a great deal of hobby/enthusiast material remained:
- A lot of shooting-related gear and equipment;
- Miss D.'s aircraft parts, charts, etc.;
- Tools, hardware and miscellaneous household gear and supplies;
- Two sets of camping paraphernalia (we've never camped together, but each of us has camped out separately - now we have to put both sets together, and discard duplicates);
- A big chunk of our emergency supplies, such as water and fuel containers, dry food, buckets in three different sizes, etc.;
- A number of boxes we're storing for a friend until he can find his own place to stay; and so on.
My back and knees are telling me I've lifted way too many heavy boxes, far too often. I reckon this has been the equivalent of several weight-lifting sessions at the gym! I think it's been worth it. The garage certainly looks more civilized, and less like the aftermath of a circus of flying monkeys having passed through at high speed.