Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Low flight over snow, on skis, at night. Beautiful!

 

Courtesy of Gerard Van der Leun, here's a brief video from Red Bull that's really lovely to watch.  I suggest you do so in full screen mode.




You can read here about how skier Valentin Delluc did it.  He seems to have an amazing talent for such things.  Here's an earlier video, where he skis and soars through an Alpine resort.




I've never skied in my life, so I can't properly appreciate the knife-edge control that must be needed to pull off stunts like that.  Amazing!

There are more videos of Mr. Delluc's ski stunts on YouTube.

Peter


4 comments:

Francis Turner said...

James Bond is jealous

Ritchie said...

I commend to your attention:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft5aY1I22j4&t=62s
Especially the opening. The sound track is by a sister
band called First Aid Kit, who reportedly took their name
by opening a dictionary at random.

Best,

Rich

Andrew Smith said...

They had be at "parachute as a light source" (via 20 m of LED strip).

JWAFTEROURS said...

That’s one skillfully crazy mf’er. I wonder how many daredevils splattered themselves on the side of the mountain before a suitable
Energy drink plug could be filmed?