Wednesday, December 20, 2023

For your friends' toddlers (but not necessarily your own)...

 

... the perfect Christmas present - but only if you don't like his or her parents.



You even get a discount if you buy 2 or more!

I had to smile at some of the reviews.  For example:


This is for my 3 year old great grandson for Christmas. He is non verbal autism. Hopefully he will enjoy these. His parents might not but oh well I guess!!!

(Presumably with tongue in cheek) This little drum set is absolutely adorable. Perfect for the little musician in your life. Not too big, doesn't take up much space. Easy to assemble. Hours of fun!!!


The only potential fly in the ointment is that you can't be sure what the kid's parents will get you and/or your family next Christmas.  They say revenge is a dish best served cold . . .



Peter


10 comments:

Jen said...

Next door neighbor got their kid a drum set. All hours, in a room of their house 15 feet from my bedroom. No sense of rhythm and thinks he's the next John Bonham. Ugh. This is the second time in my life I've lived next to a drum afficionado. No thank you.

Anonymous said...

That two wheeled popper with handle was invented by Lucifer hisself. On my Top Five 'Most Annoying Gifts'. But the drum set is #1. Pass the Excedrin please.

Educated Savage said...

My in-laws have been informed that if they get my kids anything like that, it stays at their house and the kids play with it when they're there.

Gerry said...

I told my brother I was getting his son a drum set for Christmas, he told me I would be getting a death sentence. When I told my sister the same thing, she wasn't half that nice.

Birdchaser said...

I'm that uncle. I give the kids karaoke systems, drum sets, the paint set was a big hit but this year the kid is getting a rock tumbler.

Anonymous said...

Several years ago, I noticed that a house in the neighborhood got a very nice "shed" in the back yard. December 26th, I heard enthusiastic if not accurate drumming coming from said shed.

The good news is, the drumming got better over time.

TXRed

Anonymous said...

Our children grew up under our family rule of gift-giving for young children = "can't have a lot of small pieces, can't make a lot of noise". Lego (small pieces) was the only exception allowed. Now that we're grandparents, it remains to be seen if this rule will stick.....
Steve O

zdogk9 said...

About 50 years ago I gave my 5 year old nephew a snare drum for his birthday, I'm still his favorite uncle, my sister is still pissed off about it.

Hamsterman said...

Gee, my son's Godfather would only send things like Hungry Hungry Hippo.

Anonymous said...

You can do the same thing for a lot less money with a whistle, so you can keep some on hand for when the kid loses his or the parents take it away. Acme Thunderers - the Gold Standard - have gone up a lot - they're nearly $20 now - but Chinese knockoffs can be had for under $4 each and plastic substitutes can be had for about $2.

If the kid has a tricycle or bicycle, add a handlebar bell to the whistle. That way the neighbors can learn to hate him, too.