Thursday, April 2, 2015

*Disdainful snort*


Courtesy of links from a number of bloggers, we learn of a Washington Post article examining how many guns are owned by various contenders for the 2016 GOP presidential nomination.

There are 15 noteworthy contenders for the Republican Party’s presidential nomination. Together, they own at least 40 guns.

Some of them have been building their collections since childhood ... Others were city kids who didn’t own guns until later in life.

. . .

Two other city-bred presidential hopefuls — former Florida governor Jeb Bush and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie — don’t own a gun at all.

There's more at the link.

When you consider that several of my friends and fellow bloggers each own more than the GOP candidates' total number of guns, that information doesn't do anything for me.  In fact, I know several individuals who each own more than that total of a single type of firearm (e.g. handguns, or rifles, or shotguns). The total number of guns they own reaches well into three figures. You'll therefore excuse me if I find the Washington Post's figures rather underwhelming.

(Besides, since when has the number of guns a candidate owns been any reason to vote for him or her?  How about the number of cars, or pets, or shirts or socks or underpants?  None of them have any political relevance whatsoever.  I'm sure Bill Clinton owns rather more than one gun - being from Arkansas, it would surprise me greatly if he didn't - but that didn't stop him being a thoroughly and nastily anti-gun President.)


*Snort*


Peter

6 comments:

Angus McThag said...

I know someone who has more Mosin-Nagant M-1891/30's than the leading contenders have guns.

Old NFO said...

LOL, that is actually funny... And stupid at the same time... Sigh

Paul said...

I dunno. I would be more likely to trust a pol that takes self defense seriouly

Anonymous said...

I have gotten a good laugh over the glee shown by the mainstream media over recent "Polls" that show fewer american families own firearms than ever before in recent history. Man are they ever going to be suprised when they find out that the american public now has no problem telling lies to them just like the politicians

Rolf said...

I find it quite informative. It means that in all likelihood, every single one of the candidates are NOT gunnies, they don't get it, and are not really worthy of my donations, time, or vote.

lee n. field said...

Jeb got nothin'? All the more reason to be un-enthused.