Today's award goes to a motorist in Long Island, NY.
"He said he had bedbugs in the car, and someone told him if he saturated them with alcohol, it would kill them," said arson Det. Sgt. Edward Fitzgerald.
"So he went and bought some alcohol, he poured it all in there and he sat in his car and lit a cigarette."
The intense heat from the fire heavily damaged two other cars, police said.
Kemery was able to escape his burning car on his own, police said.
He remained in the emergency room Tuesday night.
There's more at the link, including a picture.
Well, to be fair, I guess he did get rid of the bedbugs . . . right along with the car!