Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I'd never heard of 'The Badpiper' before . . .


. . . and I must confess, my Scottish ancestors are probably spinning like tops in their graves at the thought of a "flame throwing, leather clad, heavily tattooed punk rock" piper - particularly in Australia!  Still, he's certainly entertaining.  Here's his rendition of AC/DC's 'Thunderstruck'.





'Scotland The Brave' it ain't, but you have to admit, it has a certain style . . . particularly the flamethrower accompaniment!

Peter

10 comments:

eriko said...

Two questions. Where does he keep the gas bottle and how does he trigger the release/flame? I have NSFW theories about both.

Gorges Smythe said...

He DOES have a certain style about him!

Old NFO said...

Definitely 'different'...LOL

Anonymous said...

That bringing to heat to some bags.
Heltau

Rev. Paul said...

The flames would certainly account for his hairstyle. :)
My pipes never did that, though.

m4 said...

Well then. That's something.

Tempest01 said...

He is a great bloke. I used to see him performing in Fremantle every weekend outside the Fremantle Markets.

Tempest01 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
m4 said...

@eriko: Sadly far more mundane than that. There's a black box on his belt with a large button, which is used as a trigger. There's also a vertical black box on his back, which I would imagine would be the gas. Didn't even notice them until I went back to look after you had mentioned this.

Unknown said...

You should check out the Red Hot Chilli Pipers. I especially like their Jazz Badger version with horns (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMv0QxyVlvA ).

Their version of Coldplay's "Clocks" is pretty cool too.