Friday, August 20, 2021

If you shoot Russian ammo, it's about to run out

 

The State Department is imposing sanctions on further imports of Russian ammunition.  Details here.

If you've relied on Tula, Wolf, Barnaul or the like to feed your 7.62x39mm AK-47 or SKS, or used their steel-case handgun ammo as a cheap-shooting option, what you've got on hand is all you'll get.  In the few hours since the announcement was made, all the online ammo vendors I've just checked have suddenly sold out of them.  SGAmmo is still listing old, corrosive Yugoslav 7.62x39mm. ammo, which will work fine if you clean your gun carefully after every use - but if there's an ammo panic, it won't last long.  Get it while you can.

(I'm not worried. I've got mine.)

Peter


6 comments:

Divemedic said...

You see where this is headed, right? Disarmament. They can't take over or open the camps as long as the people retain the means to resist

Jonathan H said...

Wow, disappointing... I wonder if they'll try this with all imported ammo?

ruralcounsel said...

THe Deep State tries another way to disarm America.

Just remember, someday the best way to get more ammo will be to strip it off of their corpses.

Trgrfngr said...

If they can do it with Russian ammo. What stops them from other ammo importers

Stuart said...

(I'm not worried. I've got mine.)

I see you learned your lessons well, Grasshopper.

Jay Bee said...

Makes me wonder what's going to happen to the prices of SKS' and the AK variants that fire 7.62x39...