Thursday, November 10, 2022

A reminder: Lawdog still needs help with his legal costs

 

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that our buddy Lawdog, whom most of you know, is having a fundraiser to cover legal expenses for what I regard as a trumped-up, malicious charge.  You can read more about the case at Old NFO's place.  Follow the links he provides to see what Lawdog's friends are offering as raffle prizes to those who contribute.

The fundraiser has been pretty successful so far, raising over $40K.  However, I know what lawsuits can cost in terms of legal fees, and $40K doesn't leave much margin for error at all - particularly when taxes have to be paid on funds raised like that.  I'd love to see Lawdog's fundraiser hit $50K, which would be enough (I think) to meet all likely demands on his bank account over this matter.

If you've already donated to the fundraiser, thank you very much!  Your generosity is greatly appreciated.  If you haven't - or if you have, but are willing to consider more - please click over to his fundraiser and do what you can to help.  Lawdog's a good man, as I said in my earlier post, and I really want to see him come through this free and clear, without being tied up for years in debt to his lawyer and expert witnesses.

Thanks muchly.

Peter


2 comments:

Ray - SoCal said...

$40k at $400 an hour is not that much.

I don’t know what his lawyer is charging per hour, but in California it’s not cheap.

BobF said...

Apart from the monetary aspect, the number of people willing to contribute items to the cause, plus the number of people contributing funds through the GoFundMe account, certainly speaks well to the character and good heart of those most involved. That given, it certainly seems a worthwhile endeavor.