Saturday, September 24, 2016

Music, with interludes for reloading


This video shows Russian practical shooting head honcho Vitaly Kruchin paying Beethoven's 'Ode to Joy' on steel plates using .22 handguns (which appear to be Glock pistols fitted with a conversion kit).  Since conversion kit magazines hold only 10 rounds each, in every case of which I'm aware, that can only mean that filming must have been interrupted fairly frequently to allow him to reload!





It's interesting from the point of view of marksmanship, too.  I don't think he used the sights on his pistols at all.  I wonder how many thousands of practice rounds he expended before making the recording?

Peter

7 comments:

JWM said...

Some of the plates are blacked out by editing, not painted black. I wonder whose picture was on those plates.

JWM

Billll said...

Wouldn't that be a Glockenspiel?

Chris said...

The magazines he is using appear to hold 16 rounds each. I actually took the trouble to count the number of shots between changes in the camera angle. The 3rd section of the first song (starting at 0:33) had 15 rounds from left pistol and 16 from the right (which locked open on the 16th shot).

Anonymous said...

Hey, how come they have .22 ammo and we don't ?
- Charlie

Unknown said...

This gentleman is famous for his point-shooting ability. There are other you-tube videos of him doing things that only hollywood writers could normally dream up.

How many thousands of rounds? More than I could afford.

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I wonder if he'd like to come accompany my choir on deer-season opening Sunday?

Alma Boykin

Anonymous said...

When I read the article head, I had an entirely different vision formed by the word "reload". Beethoven's 9th is great music for setting a rhythm to run the Dillon 550.

Ed McLeod
(not a robot - more than meets the eye)