Thursday, October 1, 2009

Moving - Day 4


The slow process continues . . . slower than usual for me, due to my physical limitations. My spinal injury in 2004 has left me partially disabled, in particular unable to lift heavy loads, and I find it very awkward (and painful) to get down in awkward positions to clean stuff, pack boxes, etc. I'm very sore tonight, and I guess I'll stay that way for the next week or two of reorganizing. Thank Heavens for painkillers!

Most of the move is over, in the sense that my belongings are in the new place: but the last fiddly bits remain. I have to get my pots, pans and so on out of the kitchen, and finish checking all cupboards, drawers and hidden corners for things I'd forgotten. (There's always something!) I did the whole house except for the kitchen tonight, and I'll be back at 7.30 tomorrow morning for the last bit of packing. Then, four more boxes out of the outside storage room, and it's done!

Then I start the mammoth job of unpacking and sorting . . . the biggest part of which is my library of over 3,000 books.

*Sigh*

Why did I have to develop into a bookworm?

Peter

1 comment:

Lurker said...

Peter,

Maybe it's time to consider a Kindle?

Best Regards,
Camron