Wednesday, April 23, 2008
I've had it with damnfool fashions!
Would someone please tell me why some women insist on dressing like tarts, floozies, prostitutes, hookers, sluts - call it what you will?
(I specifically exempt ladies from this criticism. Ladies are women who have some sense of self-respect. Regrettably there are far fewer ladies around today than there used to be. For those of my readers who fit this definition, a heartfelt Thank You!)
The latest outrage is this.
Yes, it's an ultra-low-cut pair of jeans with a semi-bikini (if I can dignify those scraps of material with that name) above it.
For anyone tempted to wear one of these culotte catastrophes, allow me to point out a couple of facts.
1. You'll be on display like a side of beef in a butcher's shop. Why???
2. To any man with a sense of respect for women, you'll be a slap in the face - because you'll be flaunting the fact that you neither want, nor are worthy of, any respect whatsoever.
3. To your neighborhood gang-bangers and rapists, you'll be clearly asking for whatever you get. You don't believe me? Try working in a high-security prison, as I have. Listen to the sex offenders brag.
- "I gave that ho what she was lookin' for!"
- "O' course she wanted it, dressed like that!"
- "Bitch hangs it all out like that, she's ready, bro."
I haven't made up a single one of those statements - and I've left out others that I won't publish in my blog for reasons of language and decency.
And for those men who look at those jeans, snigger, and say, "Yeah, I'd like to see my gal in those!" - consider this.
Would you let your early-teen daughter wear them?
If you don't want her to wear them, why do you want any other woman to wear them?
Oh, for the days when clothes were carefully chosen to frame and set off a woman's beauty! Today they seem to be designed to serve only as the rim of a sewer manhole! (And yes, I'm aware of the double implication of that word. I use it deliberately.)
To my lady readers - am I crazy? I'd love to hear from you in Comments.