Friday, October 8, 2010

Too much government!


The author of the blog 'Rage Against The Kakistocracy' has posted a very thought-provoking article examining the inordinate amount of Government interference in almost every aspect of our lives. If you, like me, prefer a minimalist form of government, taking care of essentials only and leaving the rest to individual discretion, the article is likely to produce real anger! Even if you're comfortable with more government than I'd prefer, the extent of its involvement in our everyday lives should give you pause.

The author lists the many areas in which legislation or regulation affects him. The first ten he mentions are:

  1. Government is in my wallet.
  2. Government is in my paycheck.
  3. Government is in my employer's HR department.
  4. Government is in my glove compartment.
  5. Government is in my car's engine compartment.
  6. Government is in my steering wheel and door panels.
  7. Government controls owns my car's manufacturer.
  8. Government is in my gasoline.
  9. Government is in my medicine cabinet.
  10. Government is in my toilet.

There are many more at the link. Highly recommended (not to mention disturbing) reading.

Peter

3 comments:

Tamara Kelly said...

Agree Agree Agree
When I go to work as a teacher I feel the huge hand of government and legislation upon me.

Bob@thenest said...

It is a far easier exercise and shorter list to number the things in one's life the governemnt is NOT into. Try it for just 30 seconds -- it's scary. Or maybe not so much because we've allowed ourselves the intrusion for so long and so deeply.

KILL COPS AND OTHER US GOVT PERSONELL said...

Its because of this, that we need to support violent revolution against the united states govt and anyone who stands behind it.