I've been both amused and bemused by the torrent of vitriol being unleashed by the establishment and their paid lackeys in the news media against Donald Trump, now that he's effectively clinched the Republican Party's Presidential nomination. There's been a veritable blizzard of negative propaganda against him, and a great deal of it is coming from those who are (at least nominally) Republicans! Talk about shooting your own party in the foot . . . Their time to act against him was when he had not yet secured the nomination. Too late for that now. Unite behind him, or see your party perish.
(Oh - and it doesn't matter a damn to me whether your party survives or perishes. I don't vote for the party. I vote for the individual.)
As for Trump himself, I remain uncertain whether or not he'd be a good President or not. Nevertheless, I'm forced to agree with Ted Nugent, who said back in March:
At this time I do not endorse Donald Trump anymore than I endorse Ted Cruz as I admire both gentlemen. But these points are SO damn special!
- Obama is against Trump
- The Media is against Trump
- The establishment Democrats are against Trump
- The establishment Republicans are against Trump
- The Pope is against Trump
- The UN is against Trump
- The EU is against Trump
- China is against Trump
- Mexico is against Trump
- Soros is against Trump
- Black Lives Matter is against Trump
- MoveOn.Org is against Trump
- Koch Bro's are against Trump
- Hateful, racist, violent Liberals are against Trump
- Cher says she will leave the country
- Mylie Cyrus says she will leave the country
- Whoopi says she will leave the country
- Rosie says she will leave the country
- Al Sharpton says he will leave the country
- Gov. Brown says California will build a wall
Sounds like the kinda president the US needs!
Methinks Mr. Nugent has a point or three there . . .