Thursday, May 12, 2016

Doofus Of The Day #905


Today's award goes to a man in Florida who really needs to change his clothes more often.

A man accidentally shot himself in the arm while cleaning his gun but did not notice until two days later, according to Florida police.

Michael Blevins, 37, of Deltona, said he did not feel pain from the bullet, which pierced skin and muscle before exiting his body, according to an incident report from the Volusia County Sheriff's Office.

He also told a deputy that he did not notice the bleeding until he replaced a black shirt he was wearing with a brown one, and the wound created a stain.

There's more at the link.

Absent some sort of nerve damage that prevented him feeling the penetration and pain of the hit, I can't for the life of me imagine how one can "not notice" being shot!




Peter

8 comments:

Jay Dee said...

Booze. Lots & lots of it.

ASM826 said...

"Cleaning his gun" Bullhockey! I don't what he was doing or who shot him, but no one cleans a loaded gun, then points it at themselves and pulls the trigger accidentally.

Pawpaw said...

in 1973 I was shot in a hunting accident. I didn't realize I had been shot. We were hunting, and I heard a gun shot, experienced a leg cramp and fell over.

The bullet entered the back of my leg, punched though the femur, then "ran out of gas" in the front muscles of my thigh. It induced an immediate charley-horse, and I fell over. It wasn't until my buddy told me that he had shot me, that we looked for the bullet hole. Sure enough, there it was, on the back of my leg.

The doctor at the hospital pumped me full of antibiotics and painkillers, and put a bandaid over the bullet hole. I carry that bullet today. It shows up nicely on the occasional X-ray.

But, I didn't know I had been shot until my buddy told me.

selsey.steve said...

I think that quantities of 'fiyamba' (weed in Bemba) might have been involved.

JohninMd.(HELP?!??) said...

Woulda been a bitch if the slug had BROKEN the femur... The flopping around would have been a clue!

Rolf said...

Hmmm... Must'a been shot with a 9mm...

(ducks, runs, laughing at the incredibly lame troll-line, but mostly at the fact nobody else had said it yet)

Bibliotheca Servare said...

I'm exposing my profound ignorance here, but I have to ask: is the lead in the bullet not an issue? I've always wondered about that when I hear about someone walking around with a bullet lodged in their tissue, but I've never had a chance to ask anyone, heh. :-)

WhatIfWeAllCared? said...

All I can say is, "Wow!"