Wednesday, April 1, 2020

For those with more cojones than sense


The Stelvio Pass in Italy is infamous for its series of switchback zig-zags across a steep mountain face.  Red Bull decided to launch two skiers down the pass, but going straight down the mountain, across the switchbacks, rather than along the road.  Here's how it went.





And here's a behind-the-scenes look at how the crew set up everything in preparation for that run.





OK, I'm impressed!  I've never drunk a Red Bull in my life, but perhaps I should, just to thank them for setting up adventures like that for our entertainment.

(A tip o' the hat to Road and Track magazine for bringing those clips to our attention.)

Peter

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Okay, they're CRAZY!!! :-)

Silent Draco said...

Never thought I'd say it, but helo pilots now look sober and careful.

Borepatch said...

Damn. Even when I was their age I wasn't that crazy, and I once broke a ski 1/3 of the way down the mountain. I did like how they used a couple of front end loaders to bridge a couple of gaps.

Red Bull is ok. You can even put Jagermeister in it if you want Build yourself up while you tear yourself down. They have pretty cool sports sponsorship, like Flugtag.