Thursday, October 15, 2020

Er . . . no. Just NO!!!

 

I've never been accused of being a fashionista.  Casual sweatpants and T-shirts are more in my line.  Nevertheless, I can still be appalled by some of the insanity inflicted on the fashion-conscious by modern designers.  Here's yet another example of the breed.


FASHION giant Gucci is flogging a £1,700 [about US $2,200] orange check dress with a ribbon on the front for blokes to disrupt the “toxic stereotypes that mold masculine gender identity”.


They reckon it looks great with a pair of ripped jeans, a man bag and a woolly bobble hat.

But it hardly embraces the average male body-size as it only comes in XS and XSS.


There's more at the link.

And they want $2,200 for that???  I wouldn't give them that many cents for it!

On the other hand, I think I might suggest it to Lawdog, as a variation on his usual clothing theme.  I'd better be ready to duck, though - he might object . . . vigorously!  (Hearing protection might also be advisable.)




Peter


15 comments:

Wayne Johnson said...

What do you want to bet it was designed and made as a misses dress (small women's sizes). Women thought it was a bit ugly, and now they are desperately trying to sell the rest of their stock.

Full credit for a gutsy attempt. Not so much for the actual product.

Old NFO said...

Sigh... The metrosexualization of the beta male continues...

Peteforester said...

Never mind the glow-pink shoes! Give this "man" a fag flag and be done with it...

Rick T said...

Fashion designers must hate women who look like women and straight men.....

The only named designer I care about is Reyn Spooner, the rest of the Italian and French names are just overpriced junk to me.

boron said...

I guess the dress didn't go over too well with the teen set.
I agree with Wayne, they're trying to get rid of their stock - any which way they can.

Judy said...

The color of the fabric is all wrong for his skin-type. Pasty Caucasians with ginger hair should not wear that color of orange.

The only time I wore a dress and a pair of pants was on the days it was 10-15 degrees and the wind was howling on the way to school. When I got there I took off the pants and hung them on the hook with my coat to wear on my walk home. It looked lame then but staying warm was more important.

One final thought, I realize I'm built like a stereo-typical Russian babushka but I wish the models, male or female, looked like they had recently eaten. Most look like they are malnourished based on skin tone and the look in their eyes. They are not a healthy skinny.

Judy said...

Oh. And one other thought, STAND the hell up straight! Jeezus!

DaveS said...

My designer of choice is Carhartt.

dogsledder said...

Damn ! And I just got my "SPAM" camo hat with the LED lights in the bill in the mail just in time for hunting season. Don't think it will go with a dress though. LOL
Are these jokers SERIOUS ? They want to run the country and world ? HAhaHAhaHA !

Dave said...

https://i.imgur.com/hagveNi.jpg

*snort*

(SFW, I promise.)

Chip Anderson said...

Somehow, I am certain that this would never be heard, "Akk lad I don't know where you've been but I see you've won first prize".

Silent Draco said...

It would be much simpler to wear a placard inscribed "LOSER"

Wayne Johnson said...

For the love of all that's holy, please don't suggest a man wear a dress that short without pants. I would also recommend trousers....

Bob Gibson said...

Yeah, I'm not a fashionista either. In fact, when I was 19 I was fired from my job as a handyman at a fashion school for making fun of one young lady's ( though her language wasn't very lady-like once she caught on ) choice of attire one day.

And my designer of choice is Dickie.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo, wooly bob..oh! Oh, wait. Is that a ..male?? Oh my. And just look at..um..his?..it’s? eyes-haunted by choices. Bad, bad, bad. This is what happens when you take prayer out of schools, ladies and gentlemen. Sooner or later, it catches up with you, and then your young..males..look like this. Sad.