Friday, July 23, 2021

And the winners are...

 

We have two winners in our recent raffle for two Glock pistols.

  • The Glock 45 and Swampfox Optics Kingslayer sight were won by A. J., who hails from a city in or near the Atlanta, Georgia metroplex.  They're on their way to his local firearms dealer as you read these words.
  • The Glock 19 and ammunition were won by a lady who doesn't even want her initials used, and says she lives "within 50 miles" of Allentown, Pennsylvania.  She's apparently going through a divorce at present, and doesn't want anyone to know that she will shortly have the means to defend herself;  so she's asked me to send the firearm to a dealer in a town some distance from her home.  She'll collect it there and go through the necessary background check, in the hope that others won't find out about it unless and until she needs it.  Of course, I was happy to oblige.

My grateful thanks to everybody who participated in the raffle.  You've helped pay off medical bills and keep our financial heads above water.

Peter


4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yay for them, and y'all! :-)

Matthew W said...

Woo hoo y'all

Will said...

Any more handguns in the planning?

I got to thinking that my lousy state might allow me to obtain one of those Glocks, after pondering it for a while. Heading out the door for the P Office to get some MO's, and thought "that chest pressure feels odd, let's check the BP. Oh, crap, quick call to the advice nurse, which got me an urgent "get your butt down here NOW". Some days later, I got home. Too late to mail anything, sigh. Turned out to be a sorta not too bad news affair, but now I get meds! Oh, wonderful...

Stephen Taylor said...

Dang. I was so looking forward to visiting the Wichita Falls area, which I understand is a real garden spot this time of year.