Tuesday, February 21, 2023

A new anthology - and my wife's in it

 

Raconteur Press, the small publishing house started by our buddy Lawdog, Cedar Sanderson and C. V. Walter, has just released another short - very short - story anthology.  It's titled "Postcards from Mars".



The blurb reads:


During MarsCon 2023 the three Moms of the Apocalypse handed out images to anyone who wanted to enter the contest. The rules were simple: write down a complete story in fifty words, and then send it to us. These are the winners of that challenge!


There was a tremendous response from conference attendees - so good, in fact, that Lawdog has promised, "Raconteur Press will be doing it again at every con we attend in 2023".  This may become an annual event, which will be a lot of fun.

Far be it from me to say that my wife's contribution makes the anthology, and puts all the others in the shade - even if I think it does!



Peter


3 comments:

Hamsterman said...

I love 'shock shorts'. I first ran across them as filler in Perry Rodan when Forrest J "4E" Ackerman was publishing episodes translated by his wife. The one I remember best was:

"The last man on Earth sat in a room. There was a knock at the door."

And now, I look forward to:
Hamsters of the Universe: A Collection of Very Short Tails
Hamlette
Perry Rodent and the Robot Regent
Lucifer's Hamster
The Stainless Steel Hamster
Alacrity Snifyu and Hambart Floyt vs the Voodoo Vixens of the Vengeance Vector
The Tank Horde: A Hamster Slammer story

glasslass said...

ScFi writer Harlan Ellison was a master of this art. His book, I have no mouth and I must scream, was one of my favorites. He would sit in the windows of bookstores and people would walk in and give him an idea and he would write a short story for them. Always wished I lived in the area to be able to see him do that.

Kevin said...

Any update on your books?