Saturday, August 3, 2024

Saturday Smile

 

This Pickles comic strip was recommended by a reader last week.  It made me smile, so I thought I'd share it with you this morning.  Click the image to be taken to a larger view at the comic's Web page.



A sting in the tail, but still true for many of us.  I know a great deal of my happiness today is because of my wife's presence in my life;  and I hope I've contributed at least as much to her happiness.  A good partner makes all the difference.

Peter


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happiness, yes; but also what one might call serenity or peace. She, simply by being who she is, makes me want to be a better person.

boron said...

they do say married men live longer.
I've made no plans for burial or ecremation:
my wife's gonna preserve me and set me in the easy chair in the corner of the living room:
a target for the game of brickbats in the evening

LindaG said...

Amen. That's why we were married 48 1/2 years. That and God's blessing.
You all be safe and God bless.

Mind your own business said...

Husbands ... the perpetual butt of most marriage jokes.

Old NFO said...

No comment... LOL

LB said...

We recently celebrated our 45th anniversary. We've had our ups, downs and disagreements, but still going, and still best friends.

Eyrie said...

I'm a lucky man. My wife is well described by Proverbs 31:10