Saturday, September 27, 2008

Does this coffee taste funny?


From Iowa comes the following tale of woe.

It wasn't just the caffeine that gave an Iowa woman an extra jolt after she had her morning coffee. It was also the bat she found in the filter.

The Iowa Department of Public Health says the woman reported a bat in her house but wasn't too worried about it. She turned on her automatic coffee maker before bedtime and drank her coffee the next morning.

She discovered the bat in the filter when she went to clean it that night. The woman has undergone treatment for possible rabies.

Health officials say that the bat was sent to a lab but that its brain was too cooked by the hot water to determine whether it had rabies.


Well, I've heard of coffee beans passed through the digestive system of civet cats; but coffee brewed with bats is a new one on me! I wonder if she'll be able to echo-locate her way around the kitchen after drinking it?



Peter

3 comments:

SpeakerTweaker said...

My God, man! This is how comic books start!

I can just hear the scary-voice movie preview guy now...

"It was an ordinary morning (flash bat pictures). She was just having a cup of coffee (flash more bat pictures). Then she changed the filter..."

;)



tweaker

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check the local Starbucks for a guano mocha!

Easily Lost said...

Makes me very glad I'm not a coffee drinker.... ewwwww
I'll stick to coke as my choice of breakfast drink, at least I never have to know what went in it before I get it.
Guano mocha.... (shakes head)Batchit coffee :)) double ewwwww