Monday, March 2, 2009

More gratuitous self-torture - for males, this time!


In March last year I blogged about gratuitous self-torture - the kind that's sold to consumers under the cover name of 'Brazilian waxing'. The video in that post showed numerous clients' faces as their nether regions were waxed, then ripped. The pain, astonishment and other reactions were sufficient to persuade me that I never wanted to endure it myself!

However, apparently some men aren't as cowardly cautious as I am. Don Z. e-mailed me links to several videos of men undergoing a full hair removal. Most were a bit too profane to include here, but these two videos of men suffering the consequences of their stupidity weren't too bad. After I stopped laughing, I thought you might enjoy them too.

The first is described as follows:

The two stars of this film Rob and Andy entered the Blackpool 10K fun run in 2002 and wanted to do something a little bit different. They had planned to get a full body wax done and get sponsored for charity, but since they had left it to the last minute and everyone else pretty much pulled out they had no sponsorship for charity, but they went ahead and did the waxing anyway (they needed all the help they could get and thought that streamlining was the way to go).


Silly of them, wasn't it?





The second is described only as 'Daniel's full body wax'.





Well, Daniel, sooner you than me!



Peter

2 comments:

Miz Minka said...

OUCH! I couldn't even bring myself to watch. That is just wrong. Real men have body hair, thankyouverymuch...

Christina RN LMT said...

OW. I did watch both videos, I'm not sure why. Maybe because I do know how painful it is to get anything waxed, and I wanted to see how the men held up!