Thursday, October 14, 2010

More daft action scenes


In February I mentioned a 1995 Indian ("Bollywood") movie, Alluda Majaka, which had one of the daftest action sequences I'd ever seen in my life. For those who missed that earlier post, YouTube has subsequently disabled embedding of the clip: but you can watch it here.

I've just discovered two more action sequences from the same film. The first of them I'll call (for want of a better term) "Duelling Tractors".Just like the first scene, it's so ghastly, so badly acted, so over-the-top that it's actually funny! Once again, I can't embed it here, but you can watch it on YouTube by clicking here.

The other scene shows the hero's sister in a police station, where she's been mistaken for a prostitute. Needless to say, he has to rescue her in his own inimitable fashion. Watch the fun and games here.

I find it very hard to believe that this level of movie-making can really be taken seriously anywhere, but India and Bollywood continually prove me wrong!



Peter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While it lacks the sophistication and subtlety of the big chase in "Blues Brothers," and the raw horsepower and skill of the "Bullit" chase, I nevertheless found myself watching the whole thing. Now I need a drink.
MichigammeDave

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of those terrible kung-fu movies that invaded back in the 80's...the ones with the yells, impossible leaps, various moves that would take down several of the "enemy" at one time...good to know that bad movie making is still alive and sick somewhere...

harry