Today's award goes jointly and severally to everyone who shoved various and sundry objects into body orifices during 2016. Adequate Man took the time and trouble to compile a list, based on emergency room reports. Here are a few of the items (and orifices) mentionable in polite company.
- Dog's paw
- Pebble from the fish tank
- "Stuck a raisin up his right nostril, brother tried to remove with tweezers but patient moved"
- Plastic snake
- "Accidentally swallowed a pill bottle when taking his medication"
- "Playing with a blow dart gun, blew the pin out, it hit the wall, flew back into patient's throat and he swallowed it"
- "Held down in art class, classmate shoved sequins down throat"
There are many more at the link, both objects and orifices, some of which are emphatically not safe for work or children. Read at your own risk.
I can't help thinking that some of the excuses offered are so creative, the patients deserved not only treatment, but also an award for their creative talent and acting abilities!