Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Kidney stones: a follow-up report


In May last year, I wrote about two over-the-counter, non-prescription "remedies" for kidney stones that I'd been trying out.  I reported considerable success with them at the time, and I've continued to use them since then.  I've also experimented with different dosages.

I'm pleased to report that for the past eight months, I've been kidney-stone-free.  That's a huge improvement for me compared to earlier, when I was passing a kidney stone every two to three months, and experiencing considerable pain associated with them.  In particular, I've narrowed down my dosage to two capsules every morning (half the recommended dose of two capsules morning and evening) of Kidney C.O.P.  (Scroll down at the link for details of how it works.)




At half the recommended dose, the cost of this medication works out at about $15 per month - cheap at the price, as far as I'm concerned.  It seems to be doing a very good job.  Obviously, I'm not a doctor, and I can't make medical claims for what is technically a dietary supplement rather than a medicine (thanks, FDA, for all the rules and regulations!).  Nevertheless, in my experience, this stuff has worked very well for me.  I expect to be using it for the rest of my life.

If you battle with kidney stones, I think you could do a lot worse than try this stuff, and/or Chanca Piedra, the other supplement I initially tried and recommended.  That recommendation still stands - it's just that my variety of kidney stones seem to respond well to Kidney C.O.P. on its own, so I don't use Chanca Piedra at present.  In future . . . who knows?

Peter

2 comments:

millerized said...

Potassium Citrate. Vet told me to use that in the cats water bowls. Works on humans as well.

Will said...

A you-tuber I watch became a vegan to battle this problem. He's had no stones since his diet switch. He has mentioned that his situation was severe. I don't know the particulars of the cause.

"Bus Grease Monkey"

He and his wife travel around the US in a 1947 Greyhound bus, to service vintage buses (and other vehicles) powered by two-stroke Detroit Diesel engines.