When one looks at the "signs of the times", one can't help but wonder how long it's going to be before our political and social and cultural structures simply melt down under the strain. The progressive left is bound and determined to force our entire society into conformity with their vision of how things should be - and a growing number of Americans are equally bound and determined not to allow that, and not to bend the knee to political correctness. The irresistible force is close to headlong collision with the immovable object.
What do I mean by those "signs of the times"? Try these examples, to name but a few.
- The chorus of anti-white propaganda. Example: "Whiteness is a public health crisis. It shortens life expectancies, it pollutes air, it constricts equilibrium, it devastates forests, it melts ice caps, it sparks (and funds) wars, it flattens dialects, it infests consciousnesses, and it kills people—white people and people who are not white, my mom included. There will be people who die, in 2050, because of white supremacy-induced decisions from 1850." If whites were to make such claims about any other racial or ethnic group, there'd be widespread condemnation; but when the opposite occurs . . . crickets.
- The educational establishment is now Propaganda Central to brainwash our kids - and cut out parents from the educational process. Example: "A group of current and former teachers and others in Loudoun County, Virginia, compiled a lengthy list of parents suspected of disagreeing with school system actions, including its teaching of controversial racial concepts — with a stated purpose in part to 'infiltrate', use 'hackers' to silence parents’ communications, and 'expose these people publicly' ... Their opponents were apparently those who objected to, sought to debate, or were even simply 'neutral' about 'critical race theory'."
- Steps by the Biden administration to destroy the mainstays of the US economy in a blatant attempt to implement elements of the so-called "Green New Deal". Gun Free Zone sums up the situation and concludes, "I’m no[t] sure how violence is not inevitable. This isn’t something that gets fixed with an election. I can’t see how this won’t end anyway but badly."
- Growing court-supported evidence that in several key states, government officials abused their positions and deliberately flouted the law in ways that at least influenced the November 2020 elections, if not effectively handed them to the Democratic Party. Try Michigan and Georgia for quick examples, and watch the progress of the Maricopa County vote audit in Arizona. That has the potential to overturn the results of the Presidential and senatorial elections in that state, if the state government will take up the matter.
- The persecution of activists who took part in the January 6th demonstration (which was not a "violent insurrection", no matter what politicians or the news media may say) in Washington D.C. Most were simply present, not active participants; but they're being pursued by the FBI and federal investigators as if they're all domestic terrorists. Nothing could be further from the truth - but that hasn't stopped the partisan politically-motivated investigations. Meanwhile, charges against those who attacked and tried to burn down the Federal court building in Portland, OR are being quietly dismissed - because they're on the side of the powers that be. Prosecutorial bias, much?
- There are so many other examples that I could go on forever, but those above will do for now. More and more are emerging on a daily basis.
The Deep State is overseeing the fall from greatness of the United States. There is no freedom without bravery. As a society, are we free if we tolerate intimidation by government agencies like the IRS, FBI, DHS etc. Are we free if we allow the NSA to illegally search and seize our private documents? Are we free if we allow ourselves to be forcibly placed into an ill-conceived health care system with forced vaccinations? We are no longer in the process of relinquishing the freedom that is America, we have freely given it away. Are we really brave if we allow all these things to occur and keep silent because we are afraid that some government agents will come and hold us indefinitely without cause? The Deep State just stole our country from us in broad daylight and smirk at us. The dare us to do something about it.
. . .
Our forefathers’ worst nightmare has now come upon us. They created a free government, limited in its powers and a servant to the people. But today the United States has become an empire, fast decaying into tyranny, and we their children have become strangers and subjects in the land our fathers won. Instead of a free and just social and political order, today we are threatened by a Godless national culture and a corrupt, despotic federal government that knows no limits to its power.
We are NEVER going back to the America that was. The America we once knew is DEAD! Our children and grandchildren deserve so much better.
Freedom is not reserved for those unwilling to fight for it.
There's more at the link.
The question, of course, is what to do about it. I'm not calling for civil war, because I've seen what that involves at first hand far too often for comfort, in multiple countries, across multiple decades, on another continent. Nevertheless, it's a cold, hard fact that civil war may be thrust upon us, whether we want it or not. Events can spiral out of control very, very easily. It probably won't be like the first American Civil War, with formal, rival governments and armies and battlefields. It'll most likely be a fourth-generation conflict, spreading its tentacles into towns and cities and states across the country, with no clearly-defined conflict zones - and no secure, neutral areas, either.
Consider this example. If an Antifa or BLM mob tries to take its message out of a city's business district and into residential areas, and the police do little or nothing to stop their violence (as happened repeatedly in Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, etc.), I fully expect home-owners to start doing whatever they have to do to defend their property, even if that involves the wholesale shooting of rioters. The progressive left will scream blue murder if that happens, and demand the prosecution of all who dared to defend themselves - but I don't think the authorities will find much co-operation from those involved. If they try to crack down, the odds are pretty good that the violence will turn against them, too, because they will have chosen sides. Certainly, agencies and individuals who are perceived as serving an oppressive tyranny will almost certainly face kinetic reprisals against themselves and their members - and probably their families, too. That's a common feature of such conflicts, and there's nothing to stop it happening here as well.
Even before things get to that stage, consider what happens if ordinary, decent Americans push back against the excesses I mentioned above. Look at how the Loudon County, VA teachers tried to act against those parents who refused to kowtow to their progressive left agenda. What if those parents push back harder in their turn? If I were among them, I most certainly would. That sort of conflict can lead to physical violence in short order. I vividly remember the riots over a biased, inequitable education system in Soweto, South Africa, in June 1976, and what followed. I don't want to see the same thing here - but that doesn't mean it won't happen.
What happens if those who lose their jobs due to the "Green New Deal", as companies shutter projects, close factories and move employment and production elsewhere? Do you expect them to take that lying down? A few dozen, or a few score, or a few hundred, might. A few thousand? Less likely. A few tens of thousands? Like hell! Expect this sort of economic misery to spill over into the streets. I've seen it before, and I've no doubt it'll occur here too. When it does, expect the progressive left to blame racism, "whiteness", and anything else they can . . . but the truth of the matter will be plain to see.
Michael Hendrix, blogging at Cold Fury, sums it up.
If there’s any one thing about the Left that we all should fully and firmly understand by now, it is what I have repeatedly said of them: They will NOT stop. They will NEVER stop. They will have to BE stopped. Tyrants, in short, are forever.
The Left will ALWAYS come back for another bite at the apple, until either Team Liberty is vanquished utterly or they are dead, dead, DEAD. They cannot be reasoned with. They cannot be compromised with. They cannot be appeased, placated, or bought off. They are supremely uninterested in peaceful coexistence with a free people not under their total control.
. . .
They destroy us, or we destroy them. There is no third way. Nobody has to like it. But sooner or later, no one will be excused from his confrontation with the fateful decision: to bend the knee, or to stand your ground. And then, we will have to choose—a choice that will both reveal and define us, now and for all time.
Again, more at the link.
Re-read that last paragraph from Cold Fury again, and think about it. The progressive left already understands that. They are more than prepared to go the distance, to do whatever it takes to win. They proved that through their in-your-face electoral fraud in November 2020, and all they've done since then. Far too many of us in the center and on the right of politics are not that committed, and are not prepared to go that far - yet. However, if we're not, then we'll have no choice but to surrender - and I'm not one for surrendering. Neither, I suspect, are a growing number of Americans.
It's appropriate, I think, to close with some thoughts from our founding fathers. First, Patrick Henry.
Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
Samuel Adams agreed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.